Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Almost Wordless Wednesday #14

Latest Toledo Central Union Terminal plan

I think for the first time I have a plan that I like for a passenger terminal to fit in my space. It is actually a decent representation of the actual TCUT layout.

Minimum Radius (passenger cars): 40" on visible track, 36" on hidden
Turnouts: #6 & #7 in terminal & coach yard, #9 on mainline
Terminal track lengths: 123" (8 x 85' cars w/A-B locomotive), 140", 143", and 151".

I am considering a partial mushroom double-deck for the rest of the layout in order to maximize usage of available space. This will require a helix to transition between decks.



1 comment:

  1. That's practically the prototype track plan dropped in your space. I love it! The double deck idea sounds interesting, can't wait to see more on that.

    ReplyDelete